Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sorry I have not posted any good food lately. My plate is full, so to speak. However, as the summer comes to a close, I try and squeeze a little more from my garden. I just love fresh food! How about more fresh mex?



Tomatillo Ranch Dressing

1 pkg. Hidden Valley buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. mayonnaise
1 or 2 tomatillos
½ to 1 clove garlic, minced
½ to ⅓ bunch cilantro, chopped
½ tsp. lime juice
½ to 1 small jalapeƱo, seeds removed

Blend ingredients together in a blender. Add additional mayonnaise if dressing is too thin. Keep refrigerated.
*As always, if you don't have buttermilk and don't want to make a trip to the store for it, you can make a substitution: 1 cup milk to 1 Tbsp. vinegar.




Here's a treat from Heidi: Homemade Salsa!



Salsa



10-12 large tomatoes, diced (I like Romas)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
3 limes, juiced
1 onion, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded & chopped
2 serrano peppers, seeded & chopped
3 cloves garlic, pressed
salt to taste (use alot!)
pepper to taste

1 comment:

Amy B. said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy...