Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spiced Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes

This is one of my family's favorites and it's pretty fast and easy
I adapted it from the Body For Life cookbook. (I added all the fat back)


10-12 oz. pasta (your choice)

4 chicken breasts

3 Tbsp. cajun seasoning (I use my own, posted below)

1 c. milk

¼ c. parmesan

¼ c. romano

1 bag Baby Spinach

12-16 oz. fresh mushrooms

2 Tbsp. Butter Buds

1 tomato, diced

I like to use frozen chicken because it's easy to cut once half thawed. I cut it lengthwise, so as to make a thinner, yet still wide breast. It also cooks faster.

Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter then set aside. Use the same skillet for the chicken. Reheat skillet. Sprinkle cajun seasoning on chicken breasts and cook in 1-2 Tbsp. oil in. Cook breasts, turning only once, until no longer pink in center. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate. Add milk to chicken drippings along with pasta, mushrooms, cheeses and spinach. Combine and cover just until spinach wilts. Serve chicken on top of pasta and garnish with more romano and diced tomatoes.

No comments: